National Horsemen’s Benevolent and Protective Association (HBPA) Program:
- A policy program only available to members of the HBPA.
- The policy provides liability coverage with respect to the ownership or training of race horses.
- HBPA members who own or train horses but have no owned premises where the horses are boarded or trained are eligible for this coverage. Members of HBPA who own premises where horses are boarded or trained may obtain coverage for their property and liability exposures separately through Lavin Insurance Group, LLC.
- Each HBPA member that takes out the coverage has their own limit of liability of $1,000,000 each occurrence and $2,000,000 annual aggregate.
- Damage to premises rented or occupied by the HBPA member insured with permission of the owner is covered with a $50,000 limit of insurance.
- Medical Payments coverage is included in the amount of $5,000 per person.
- Coverage territory is United States, Canada and Puerto Rico.
- Coverage available in all States with the exception of the following: AL, AK, HI, NM, ND, SD and WY. Also not available in District of Columbia.
- Coverage underwritten on behalf of StarNet Insurance Company, A.M. Best rated A+ (Superior) and Financial Size Category XV.