Equine General Mortality & Theft Product
- Horse(s) are covered for death or humane destruction due to an accident, illness, disease or injury. Coverage also includes theft.
- This is all risk coverage with fourteen (14) exclusions. Limited Named Perils can be purchased at lower cost.
- Coverage is written for an annual policy term; however a shorter term can be selected.
- Coverage form includes One Hundred and Twenty (120) Day Extension.
- Most horses insured for General Mortality & Theft receive a $3,000 Emergency Colic Surgery limit of insurance. However, horses that have suffered colic, impaction or torsion in the twelve (12) months prior to the policy effective date or have undergone digestive tract resection at any time are not eligible for the $3,000 Emergency Colic Surgery Coverage.
- Coverage is underwritten on behalf of StarNet Insurance Company, A.M. Best Rated A+ (Superior) & Financial Size Category XV. Coverage is available in all fifty (50) States and the District of Columbia.
- There are several additional coverage options that are available on horses insured for General Mortality & Theft. A few of these include:
Covered medical and surgical costs are reimbursed to the Insured. Four (4) Limit options are available: $7,500, $10,000, $12,500 or $15,000. Limits are per horse. Eligibility rules apply.
Horses ages 30 days through 15 years and used for either show, pleasure and/or breeding are eligible for this endorsement. The mortality loss payment is amended from fair market value to agreed value. The renewal of the General Mortality & Theft Coverage is guaranteed for a period of 12 months following expiration. There is no premium charge for this endorsement. Eligibility rules apply.
Covered surgical expenses are reimbursed to the Insured. Four (4) Limit options are available: $2,500, $5,000, $7,500 or $10,000. Limits are per horse. Coverage can be written over the Veterinarian Services Coverage. Eligibility rules apply.
Coverage pays fifty percent (50%) of the insured value if the horse becomes totally and permanently unfit for declared use due to an injury by sudden, external and accidental means during the policy period and humane destruction is not warranted. The insured keeps the horse. Eligibility rules apply.
Coverage for a breeding stallion that becomes totally and permanently infertile, impotent or otherwise incapable of servicing mares due to an injury, illness or disease that occurs and manifests during the policy period. Eligibility rules apply.