Equine General Mortality & Theft Product
- Horse(s) are covered for death or humane destruction due to an accident, illness, disease or injury. Coverage also includes theft.
- This is all risk coverage with fourteen (14) exclusions. Limited Named Perils can be purchased at lower cost.
- Coverage is written for an annual policy term; however a shorter term can be selected.
- Coverage form includes One Hundred and Twenty (120) Day Extension.
- Most horses insured for General Mortality & Theft receive a $3,000 Emergency Colic Surgery limit of insurance. However, horses that have suffered colic, impaction or torsion in the twelve (12) months prior to the policy effective date or have undergone digestive tract resection at any time are not eligible for the $3,000 Emergency Colic Surgery Coverage.
- Coverage is underwritten on behalf of StarNet Insurance Company, A.M. Best Rated A+ (Superior) & Financial Size Category XV. Coverage is available in all fifty (50) States and the District of Columbia.
- There are several additional coverage options that are available on horses insured for General Mortality & Theft. A few of these include: